20 of some of the most famous wine quotes. These memorable quotes will stick with you every time you experience the delights of wine.
Great quotes! Words on wine from around the world, over the ages… by poets and authors, scientists, and politicians – plus a bunch of people whose names we’ve forgotten.
1. The connoisseur does not drink wine but tastes of its secrets – Salvador Dalí
2. Wine spreads poetry in the hearts – Dante
3. A good wine is like a good movie. It lasts a moment and leaves a taste of glory – Federico Fellini
4. A full glass of wine at the proper moment is worth more than all the riches of the world – Gustav Mahler
5. Language is wine upon the lips – Virginia Woolf
6. What is better than to sit at the end of the day and drink wine with friends, or substitutes for friends? – James Joyce
7. A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the worl – Louis Pasteur
8. Wine is bottled poetry – Robert Louis Stevenson
9. Wine can be a better teacher than ink, and banter is often better than books – Stephen Fry
10. The wine when it is drunk inspired sincera, It can only be compared the kiss of a maiden – Nicanor Parra
11. Wine is sunlight, held together by water – Galileo Galilei
12. The best wine is not necessarily the most expensive one, but the one you share – George Brassens
13. Where there is no wine there is no love- Euripides
14. I would like to be wine and drink myself – Federico García Lorca
15. Age appears best in four things: old wood to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust and old authors to read – Francis Bacon
16. Wine is the only art work you can drink – Luis Fernando Olaverr
17. Penicillin cures, but wine makes people happy – Sir Alexander Fleming
18. If lovers of wine and love are bound for hell, heaven would be quite empty! – Omar Khayyam
19. Spain, the beautiful country of wine and songs – Goethe
20. Wine cheers the sad, revives the old, inspires the young, makes weariness forget his toil – Lord Byron
Which one is your favorite quote?